Online Banking Login
To Avoid Fraud and/or Scams
- Don't send money to someone you don't know!
- Don't agree to deposit a check and then wire funds!
- Don't reply to unsolicited email messages asking for personal or financial information!
- Don't give out your account number or your password!
- Don't give out your debit card number or your PIN!
- Don't let someone you don't know have remote access to your computer!
- CONTACT YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION IMMEDIATELY IF YOU SUSPECT THAT YOU ARE A VICTIM !!
ATM Security Tips
The Evangeline Bank & Trust Company is always looking for ways to keep our customers informed and protected.
- Use ATMs in a well-lighted, open, high-traffic area.
- Always check the machine before putting your card in - is the card slot securely in the machine? Does anything look out of the ordinary? Has anything been installed around the edges of the machine that looks strange? Is there any glue or sticky substance around the key pad or card slot?
- Always attempt to cover your hand when you enter your PIN so that the numbers cannot be seen by others.
- If there is more than one ATM, and a sign has been placed on one of the units saying it is out of service, use caution and potentially look for another ATM location, as the sign could be an attempt to direct traffic to a fraudulent machine where skimming equipment has been installed.
- Beware of offers for help from strangers during an ATM transaction
- Always review your account activity and report any unauthorized credit or debit charges by calling your branch's customer service department immediately..
Internet Banking Security Tips
The Internet banking service has several effective security techniques that we encourage you to implement when you use the Internet banking service:
- Never reveal your password to anyone or leave your password anywhere that someone else can obtain and use it.
- Change your password on a regular basis.
- Use the Exit button to end each Internet banking session. Do not use the Back button to exit the site.
- Balance your account on a regular basis. Internet Banking makes it easy!