Serving Louisiana Since 1907
The Evangeline Bank and Trust Company is an independent banking company that provides banking services to consumer and business customers in its normal area of operation. Our goal is to meet the banking needs of our communities served with outstanding customer service while taking active roles in our local communities.
Our goal also includes providing an acceptable level of profit. Our long-term mission will set The Evangeline Bank and Trust Company above competitors in the areas of integrity, trust, corporate character, quality, service and fiscal soundness.
The Evangeline Bank and Trust Company's roots date back to March 15, 1906. On this date the bank was officially chartered under the name "Bank of Ville Platte." The bank began business October 11, 1907. The bank reorganized to include a Trust Company and adopted a new charter in December 1911 and its official name then became The Evangeline Bank and Trust Company.
- In February 1927 Peoples Bank and Trust Company was absorbed by The Evangeline Bank and Trust Company.
- The bank formally reorganized on December 11, 1933, and changed its name to The Evangeline Bank and Trust Company.
- On July 28, 1934, The Evangeline Bank and Trust Company absorbed First National of Ville Platte.
- On December 10, 1987, the bank acquired Louisiana Bank and Trust Company in Crowley.
- On December 13, 1990, the bank acquired Bank of Commerce in Alexandria.
- On October 15, 1992, the bank opened a facility in Pineville.
- On August 11, 1994, the bank opened a Parliament Drive-In next to the Jackson Street Extension location in Alexandria.
- On January 6, 2000, another Alexandria branch was opened on Masonic Drive.
- On July 31, 2006, the bank opened a branch in Pineville off of Hwy 165 North in Kingsville.
- On April 29, 2020, the bank opened a branch in Lake Charles; it is the first branch to open in Calcasieu Parish.
- On June 25, 2020, the bank opened a branch in Opelousas.
- On July 22, 2020, The Evangeline Bank and Trust Company opened its first branch in Lafayette Parish.