The Evangeline Bank & Trust Company's roots date back to March 15, 1906. On this date the bank was officially chartered under the name "Bank of Ville Platte." The bank began business October 11, 1907.
The bank reorganized to include a Trust Company and adopted a new charter in December 1911 and its official name then became Evangeline Bank & Trust Company.
In February of 1927, Peoples Bank and Trust Company was absorbed by Evangeline Bank & Trust Company.
The bank formally reorganized on December 11, 1933 and changed its name to The Evangeline Bank & Trust Company.
On July 28, 1934, The Evangeline Bank & Trust Company absorbed First National of Ville Platte.
On December 10, 1987, the bank acquired Louisiana Bank & Trust Company in Crowley.
On December 13, 1990, the bank acquired Bank of Commerce in Alexandria.
On October 15, 1992, the bank opened a facility in Pineville.
On August 11, 1994, the bank opened a Parliament Drive-In next to the Jackson Street Extension location in Alexandria.
On January 6, 2000, another Alexandria branch was opened on Masonic Drive.
On July 31, 2006 the bank opened a branch in Ball at King’s Country.